WinMerge 2.16.16 Release Notes
About This Release
This is a WinMerge 2.16.16 stable release. This release replaces earlier WinMerge stable releases as a recommended release.
Please submit bug reports to our bug-tracker.
What Is New in 2.16.16
- Fix a problem where the string in the Windows common dialog would not change to the language when switching languages.
- BugFix: Fix not getting the proper error message when saving failed
- BugFix: Cannot resize last column with UI (#998)
- Reloading a file that was changed by another application does not preserve column widths (#951)
- BugFix: Fix an issue where drag-and-drop of file would only work once.
- BugFix: Sync (Super Slow) (#771)
- BugFix: Fix an issue where filters are not applied correctly when opening a project file containing multiple items with different filters. (PR #995)
- [Feature Request] New Display Columns: Dimensions + Size Difference (#131)
- FolderCompare: Additional Properties (Windows Property System+Hash (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256)) (PR #996)
- BugFix: Fix the problem that the "Register Shell Extension for Windows 11 or later" button is not enabled when another user has registered ShellExtension for Windows 11.
- BugFix: Plugin unpacked file extension problem (get_PluginUnpackedFileExtension) (#983)
- BugFix: Comparing broken lnk-files (windows shortcuts) freezes WinMerge (#1007)
- Apache Tika plugin: Update Apache tika to 2.1.0 and change the download URL
- CompareMSExcelFiles.sct: Make the number before the sheet name zero-padded
- BugFix: ShellExtension for Windows 11 did not work on machines that did not have MSVCP140.dll VCRUNTIME140*.dll installed.
- BugFix: Loop counter should be the same type as the count type. (PR #987)
- ShellExtension for Windows11: Disable Registry Write Virtualization
- Where to report documentation/help errors? (#1004)
- Translation updates:
- Galician (PR #1005)
- German (PR #986,#1027)
- Hungarian (PR #991,#1023)
- Lithuanian (PR #979)
- Portuguese (PR #1017)
- Slovenian (#1026)
- Turkish (PR #980)
- BugFix: Missing packages.config (also outdated) and wrong NuGet packages path in the WinMergeContextMenu.vcxproj and .filters file (#985)
- Fix typo in OpenView.cpp (PR #1000)
What Is New in 2.16.15 Beta
- BugFix: WinMerge would crash when launched if the registry or INI file contained invalid values.
- BugFix: Winmerge Crash when comparing 2 files from Windows Explorer context menu (#808, #908, #913)
- BugFix: Incorrect text color for selected menu item on Windows 11
- BugFix: 50% cpu use by winmergeu.exe after program closed (#903)
- Digitally sign packages (#152)
- BugFix: The mouse cursor did not change to an hourglass when the files or plugins were taking a long time to load.
- BugFix: Save Middle and Save Middle As menu items were not enabled when comparing three files.
- BugFix: A two-pane window was displayed even though New (3panes) → Table menu item was selected.
- BugFix: The height of each pane in the Diff pane was calculated incorrectly when comparing three files.
- BugFix: Unicode SMP chars misrendered after performing a find (#914)
- BugFix: Crash when pressing Shift+F4 key
- BugFix: Replace slow (#940)
- BugFix: When moving in the scroll pane, the selected position is incorrect (#970)
- BugFix: When the Diff pane was redisplayed, the scroll position of the Diff pane was not appropriate. (osdn.net #42862)
- Make "Do not close this box" checkbox in search window On by default (#941)
- BugFix: Duplicate menu shortcut in translations (#905)
- BugFix: Image comparison (winimerge #24)
- Add a feature to save/restore compare options to/from a project file.(#498) (PR #915)
- Add a feature to set items saved to or restored from the project file. (PR #953)
- New unpacker plugins:
- Added /c
column numbercommand line option
- Added /EnableExitCode command line option
- BugFix: WinMerge's extended menu items were doubly inserted into the context menu of Explorer's navigation pane. (osdn.net #42702)
- BugFix: Right click - compare - is unclear (#249)
- Added a new DLL (WinMergeContextMenu.dll) for the Windows 11 Explorer context menu (currently unstable and not registered by default) (PR #954)
- Translation updates:
- Brazilian (PR #910)
- Dutch (PR #921,#969)
- German (PR #965,#977)
- Hungarian (PR #937,#955)
- Italian (PR #911)
- Korean (PR #932)
- Portuguese (PR #956,#964,#976)
- Russian (PR #901,#927,#963)
- Swedish (PR #974)
- Turkish (PR #899)
- README.md: Make it clear that requirements are to build, not use the application (PR #942)
- compiler-calculated maximum value for
- Crashes when comparing large files (GitHub #325)
- Very slow to compare significantly different directories (GitHub #322)
- Vertical scrollbar breaks after pasting text (GitHub #296)