WinMerge is an Open Source differencing and merging tool for Windows. WinMerge can compare both folders and files, presenting differences in a visual text format that is easy to understand and handle.
WinMerge is highly useful for determining what has changed between project versions, and then merging changes between versions. WinMerge can be used as an external differencing/merging tool or as a standalone application.
In addition, WinMerge has many helpful supporting features that make comparing, synchronising, and merging as easy and useful as possible:
- Supports Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/2012
- Handles Windows, Unix and Mac text file formats
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- File Compare
- Visual differencing and merging of text files
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap
- Highlights differences inside lines
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes
- Location pane shows map of files compared
- Moved lines detection
- Compara la carpeta
- Regular Expression based file filters allow excluding and including items
- Fast compare using file sizes and dates
- Compares one folder or includes all subfolders
- Can show folder compare results in a tree-style view
- Control de versions
- Creates patch files (Normal-, Context- and Unified formats)
- Resolve conflict files
- Rudimentary Visual SourceSafe and Rational ClearCase integration
- Shell Integration (supports 64-bit Windows versions)
- Archive file support using 7-Zip
- Plugin support
- Interfície localitzable
- Online manual and installed HTML Help manual
Captures de pantalla
See the screenshots page for more screenshots.
Just download the installer and double-click it.
Or you may simply unzip the binary zip package into the desired location and run
For information on using WinMerge, see our online Manual, or you can use the local help file (just press
F1 inside WinMerge) for offline use.
Here is the current change log.